Toyota Prius long-term test review (2010)


Yes, I know, very humorous, Ben Barry – lover of oversteer, keeper of M3 – gets a Prius, must be some type of punishment from the editor, etc etc, guffaw, guffaw. That, in fact, is not so. I’ve chosen the Prius because I was frightened by its abilities on the press launch, and wondered if its comfort, practicality, economy and completely fine ability to go from A-to-B wouldn’t really be all that I needed for the commute and family duties.

There’s also a larger agenda at issue here. Firstly, I reckon that as petrol heads get increasingly squeezed at the pumps, by the DVLA and by – much as I hate to spout the common you-can’t-actually-drive-fast-anywhere-these-days and ooh-aren’t-there-a-lot-of-speed-cameras baloney – rising traffic levels, they’ll increasingly turn to very reasonable daily drives, while keeping something tasty (probably untaxed and uninsured) in the garage and trailered to the track. So, think of me as a type of keen-driving guinea pig, a test case who’ll report back to those of you who love driving but speculate if a hybrid on the drive and a hot car in the garage might be the future.


View this site: Auto Shipping | car transport

0 comments:

Post a Comment

paid

Powered by Blogger.